Peepl Ltd is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for our employees, our contacts and our partners, online and offline. This page sets out our anti-harassment policy and tells you where you can report violations.
We’re a young organisation, and we won’t always get everything right. But you should always feel able to speak up about situations that make you feel uncomfortable. Together, we can make the Peepl network a safer, more welcoming place for everyone.
Code of conduct for all Peepl activities
Peepl Ltd is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, beliefs or religious opinions. We do not tolerate bullying or harassment of anyone within Peepl’s sphere of activities, in any form, online or offline. Peepl team members are required to sign up to this Code of Conduct as part of their involvement with the organisation, and breaches may be treated as a disciplinary offence. We expect our team members to set a good example.
This code of conduct applies to all Peepl activities, online and offline. It also applies to all interactions between colleagues, and with partners, businesses and external contacts via any means.
How to report an incident
You can make an online report, which may be anonymous, via this form. This will send an alert to a Peepl team member, who will deal with your issue as promptly as possible, and, if requested (and if you have provided contact details), respond to you with the outcome.
Violations of this code may also be reported face-to-face to any member of the Peepl team.
We encourage you to report behaviour you find offensive even if it isn’t directed at you. We want to ensure we’re aware of and can act on all incidents that take place.
How we will respond to an incident
If the person who is harassing you is on the incident response team, they will remove themselves from handling your case.
We will conduct a confidential investigation into the issue you’ve raised. This will involve speaking with witnesses, and gathering other sources of evidence, in order to establish what happened. The person investigating will do their best to be fair and objective – their role is to get balanced evidence from both sides. Therefore, if you have complained about a specific person we will tell them there has been a complaint (withholding your name) and ask for their version of events, unless we judge there’s a risk they might tamper with evidence or influence witnesses. The person investigating will be asked to make a recommendation to the rest of the team about what action needs to be taken.
We will act as promptly as we can to resolve the situation. In a live event situation, speed may be of the essence; however, we will do our best not to let that compromise fairness.
What constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct?
Violations include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or personal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, beliefs or religion
- Aggressive language or behaviour towards an individual
- Use of status or power to coerce other/s into acting against their will
- Sexual comments or images shared in public or directly to an individual, without permission
- Inappropriate physical contact; unwelcome sexual attention
- Sustained, deliberate disruption of meetings or other events
- Deliberate intimidation; following or stalking
- Exclusion or victimisation
- Unfair treatment
Those asked to cease in any of the behaviour listed above will be expected to comply immediately. On receiving a report of violations, Peepl team members may take any action deemed appropriate for the investigation, including warning the offender; expulsion from an event with no refund; or blocking them from use of our online channels.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Peepl team using the reporting process set out above. All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence.
What we expect
In all Peepl activities, we expect participants to:
- Contribute towards a safe and productive environment where everyone feels able to express themselves without prejudice
- Listen to others’ ideas and contributions; allow everyone to have a chance to speak
- Discuss any disagreements that arise in a respectful and objective manner
- Pay attention when others voice their discomfort or state their boundaries
- Challenge or report any behaviour which does not adhere to this code of conduct
- If you are unsure whether your planned behaviour or comments may cause discomfort to others: ask.
If you need extra help
Please let us know, as soon as possible in advance, if you require any form of support in order to participate in Peepl activities. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our community for everyone. We want you to be happy in our community. Think before you speak, act, or tweet, and you’ll be helping to make a better experience for all.