Are you our new Story Teller & Marketing Manager?
Peepl Ltd is a Liverpool-based startup, building technology that supports more sustainable, resilient local economies, using approachable, human-friendly UX, underpinned by a responsible, transparent blockchain tech stack.
We’re seeking a Marketing Manager for an immediate start, to help us tell the story of Peepl, our mission and about our user-facing products including our Android and iOS apps.
You’ll be ultimately responsible for Peepl marketing decisions, working closely with our Product development team, alongside managing other marketing team members and ultimately reporting directly to the founders.
You’ll need to be self-motivated and self-directed. You should be comfortable with working as part of a remote team, and you should be naturally organised and communicative.
We’re a small organisation that moves quickly. We trust you to make decisions and set the direction for our shared product. You’ll get as much guidance and support as you require, when you request it.
We do everything we can to maintain a fun and supportive working environment for the Peepl team, and we know that sometimes life can get in the way of regular work hours (especially right now!) so we’re happy to work around you to find a schedule that suits you, with day-to-day flexibility, to help you live a healthy, balanced life.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users’ needs (both customers and retailers), and generate stories and content that resonate
- Work with the founders of the network to shape a coherent company story, and create buy-in for the vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Creating content for the Peepl community across key channels, including written blogs, Telegram posts, company Wiki entries and website content.
- Administration responsibilities with key stakeholders, such as monthly reporting
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Assist in the development of the Peepl brand book
Skills and experience
We are keen to hear from a range of applicants, not just those who have worked in the tech or creative industries. We especially want to hear from applicants from communities or backgrounds underrepresented in technology companies and marketing roles.
You do not need to have a university degree, and all personal details, including your name, will be removed from your CV and covering letter before they’re passed to the hiring panel for assessment.
You should have experience in some or all of the following:
- Setting the vision and direction for marketing strategy and content
- Social channels, especially Twitter and Telegram
- Creating content, such as writing blogs and press releases
- An eye for consistency and detail across a whole product.
- The ability to work remotely, manage your own time, and maintain communication with a team who won’t always be in the same building as you.
- Design experience would be a plus
Interested in applying but not sure you have all the skills? Please apply anyway! We support learning on the job and rearranging tasks within the organisation to suit the skillsets of the best applicant. Please let us know in your covering letter what your relevant experience is and where you might need to learn as you go.
Salary and benefits
Salary £25,000 to £30,000 – dependent on experience.
Plus a stake in the Peepl network.
You must be based in the UK and you need to have the right to work in this country (sorry, but we can’t offer help with visas or relocation expenses).
Deadlines and dates
The application deadline is 10am on December 23rd and remote interviews will take place within the following three weeks. We will aim to notify applicants of whether or not they will be invited to interview by close of business on the 27th of December.
Your application should consist of a CV and covering letter.
We’ll rely on your covering letter to show us why your skills make you a good fit for this role when we are shortlisting candidates, so take your time getting it right.
We are particularly interested in improving the diversity of our team and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled and experienced people, and particularly from candidates from Black and minority backgrounds, as our team is underrepresented in this area.
We review all applications anonymously. We will redact personal information from your documents as soon as they are received, so that the panel considering the applications doesn‘t see it.
If you have any questions, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.